Friday, September 18, 2009

Time for a change

As I mentioned in a previous post, I will be focusing on building monthly income and not just trying to get to a million dollars. That does not mean that I will not continue working on the million dollar goal, quite the opposite. It means that I will focus on finding ways to build recurring income, vs working on one-shot deals. Of course, profit is profit, and I will still do one-shot deals when they come around.

I have yet to decide if the format of the blog will continue or if I will do a complete redesign of it, structurally speaking. I don't think anyone cares what color scheme I use or something unimportant like that. Although, I would like to make it look a little less like everyone else's blog on blogger. I'll add that to my 'things-I'd-like-to-do-but-probably-never-will' list.

SO! Time for the change, I am giving myself a week to come up with at least one residual money-making venture. What I would like to do is find one a week for the next few weeks, then spend some time working them into the plan. I will also report the 'What not to do' things I find, that way I can revisit the list whenever I forget I already saw something or want to remind myself why I should not be doing it.

So I suppose the first thing is to decide how much money per month you want to build up to. I think a cool million per year, AFTER TAXES, would be sufficient, don't you think? That's approximately, $2MM per year. HAHA, I know, think real. But hey, it could happen eventually, right?

Given that I need to start a LITTLE closer to the ground level and in the real world, lets go for an initial goal of $30 a month. Thats $1 a day. That shouldn't be too hard, right? Let's hope not.

My feeling on this is that it will be a bit harder at first because I have no idea what I am doing, but that it will get easier as I get more proficient at this.

No comments: